Sunday, September 6, 2009

POST #200 !!! - NO SUNDAY COMICS - MUSIC AND DOLPHINS

By Debbie Bulloch



Well, well, this is a milestone for the Between Homes blog. We have reached post #200. WOW. I had no idea, when I first set out to create a blog for Between Homes that I would ever get to post #200. Back in the beginning, even posting one single article seemed like a lot of work. With your help (including all those articles by our French correspondent, Monsieur Arcabulle Odriscoll) we have now reached this new milestone.

Just recently an in-world resident told me that when he Googled his avatar’s name, the Between Homes blog came up firt in the search. I guess we have finally arrived.

Well, again thanks for your support. Please, keep reading the articles, leave me comments (I do read them and they help a great deal) and please feel free to contribute stories, photographs, poetry – anything you like. After all, this is OUR blog.

For sime odd reason, this morning I could not log into the Comics.com website, the source of Sunday’s comics. So instead, here is some oldies but goodies music to brighten up your Sunday.

AIN’T NO SUNSHINE – BILL WITHERS



USE ME – BILL WITHERS



LEAN ON ME – BILL WITHERS



PHOTOGRAPH – RINGO STARR



IT DON’T COME EASY – RINGO STARR



And for a certain someone who wears a Pink Floyd shirt here is...

PINK FLOYD – THE WALL (ANOTHER BRICK ON THE WALL)



Finally, after a few weeks’ hiatus, I went back to riding my bike by the beach. I was feeling lazy this morning. Well, I was tired about attending USC’s football home opener at the Los Angeles Coliseum. (Nice victory Trojans, 56 - 3). So I almost did not go riding, but I finally dragged my butt and went to the beach.

I am glad I did. For my “efforts” I was rewarded by the sight of a dolphin pod swimming less than 20 yards (60 feet) from the shore. It was amazing to see them racing each other up and down the beach. It is not often that dolphins swim this close to the shore; I think that they may have been following a school of fish. Obviously, dolphins like sushi too!

Here are some photos. Hope you enjoy them.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi hi deb
very nice music (oldies but goodies) and also very nice pics with dolphins ! nice really
i am very happy that you rode ! good for your butt (hahaha)
oh i rode too about 60 miles ! It was hard for my legs but also nice !
hehehe
you are a lucky woman to have the opportunity to see dolphins like that ! wow very nice
see you later
jerry

Anonymous said...

Debbie
congrats on post #200..I told u long ago that your insight and wisdom creates into beautiful writings and u have proven that time and time again. Loved the wonderful music (especially my favorite "Pink Floyd")
I am very happy to know you :))
Wonderful pictures of the dolphins and as anonymous said..I am happy u decided to ride your bike again (insert his second comment after that here) lol.
Etre bien mon amour
G.E.