Friday, February 4, 2011

FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC

By Debbie Bulloch



As some of you may know, I have been fighting off a severe bout of bronchitis. I rarely, ever get sick, so being cooped-up at home is a strange experience for me. Worse, is being forced to stay away from my beloved bike and not go out for a long, hard ride. Ten times yesterday I went to my garage to look at my bikes and reassure them that soon we would be out on the road.

The one good thing about being sick (the silver lining in an otherwise dark cloud) is that the "forced" rest period has allowed me to catch up on my recreational reading. I've even had the chance to work on some poetry that I had started long ago, but never quite finished (look for them in future blog posts). Finally, the enforced hiatus has allowed me to dive into my iPod playlist and listen to some of my favorite songs. The funny thing is that when you have no pressing business at hand, and you listen to music just for the cheer pleasure of listening you hear things in a song that you had never heard before--or maybe you heard them but you were in such a hurry to get elsewhere that you never really paid attention. These then, are the songs that filled my otherwise "boring" day of rest:

JOHN WAITE - I AIN'T MISSING YOU



THE CARS - DRIVE



This song was brought to my attention courtesy of BH resident Matt56 Meredith--Thanks Matt!

PHIL COLLINS - AGAINST ALL ODDS

No comments: