Sunday, July 5, 2009

PACIFIC COAST HIGHWAY (PCH) - REVISITED

By Debbie Bulloch



I have previously written about PCH, one of the world's most beautiful stretches of road. PCH can also be as dangerous as it is beautiful.

As dangerous as it is, however, PCH will continue to hold a strong attraction - especially for bike riders. There are very few places in the world where a cyclist can ride while being serenaded by the crashing waves and where seals, dolphins, birds and surfers provide an ever changing panorama of life in California.

We all have to die sometime, death is inevitable. If I could pick the time and place of my own demise, I would ask to "go" while riding on PCH - looking into the blue Pacific and riding with a "peloton" of dolphins, seagulls and pelicans.

Today's ride was fairly short (only 22 miles) but I rode fast against a steady offshore breeze. I did, however, pause long enough to take the photographs below.

Enjoy!













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on this point. I don't want to "go" (as you put it) in some old people's home. I want to go while doing something that I love. Happy rides!

Anonymous said...

BTW, beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Deb

Very nice ! thank you so much for sharing ! wow !
it is like paradise : seagulls, dolphins, rocks , waves, sea roaring.... it is so nice so beautiful ! I really love it ! how couldn't we love that !
Deb it must be so nice and wonderful ! deb when you ride along the beach with all that you must feel to fly with them seagulls and dolphins ! i really would like to share that with you on the bike and to be able to share that with you at least once in my life !!

byeeeee
see you soon
arc