Friday, October 23, 2009

FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC - SOMETHING DIFFERENT

By Debbie Bulloch




I continue to feel in a funky mood. Maybe it is the fast-approaching Autumn and Winter seasons. Maybe it is the fact that because it now gets darker earlier, I have not been able to go bike riding after work. Whatever the reason, I am still feeling funky, so please bear with me.

In the meantime, here is a musical offering to get your weekend started. There was a time when I was a huge fan of Billy Corgan and The Smashing Pumpkins. Actually, I am still a big fan – I just don’t listen to them as much as I used to.

Billy Corgan and The Smashing Pumpkins created an eclectic mix of different musical styles. As the group’s songwriter-in-chief, Billy Corgan wrote lyrics that had a certain poetic quality to them; he effortlessly mixed themes of religion, philosophy and sociology into his music. This is something a tad different from my usual ballad and folk song selections – I think, however, that you will all enjoy the change of pace.

Have a wonderful weekend.

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS – Ava Adore (Live)



Click here for the official AVA ADORE video (no embedding allowed). It is a amazing video (assuming you like this sort of thing):

Official AVA ADORE video

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS – Disarm



THE SMASHING PUMPKINS – 1979



For more information on Billy Corgan and The Smashing Pumpkins, please click here:

The Smashing Pumpkins and Billy Corgan

Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also love The Smashing Pumpkins. But Debbie, I would have never guessed that you were a fan of the group. You go girl! LOL

Anonymous said...

WOW Debbie. Nice choice!