Wednesday, May 5, 2010

FELIZ CINCO DE MAYO

By Debbie Bulloch



The cartoon clips below have been banned from television for being politically "incorrect" because some found the portrayal of Mexicans in these cartoons to be "offensive."

I have always been a big fan of Warner Brothers cartoons, the Warner characters were funnier and more subversive than the boring Disney characters, I am part Hispanic and I never thought that these cartoons were bad. In fact, growing up in Los Angeles, I thought that Speedy was real cool. I only wished I was as fast as him.

Enjoy!

Speedy Gonzales and Sylvester



Speedy Gonzales and Daffy Duck



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that Speedy Gonzalez is offensive at all, and I am a Latino. But I can see how some people might find it a bit offensive, especially the Mexican "accents." People need to get a sense of humor!