Monday, November 9, 2009

MONDAY NIGHT MUSIC - SHINEDOWN & EVANESCENCE

By Debbie Bulloch



The other day an old friend suggested that I listen to the band SHINEDOWN and especially to their hit “Second Chance.”

Well, I did listen to them, and my friend was right, I like SHINEDOWN’s music and I do like the song “Second Chance.” For my friend then, here is SHINEDOWN.

I’ve also included a clip from EVANESCENCE’s “Bring Me to Life.” The video is very well done - it really matches the mood of the song. My friend likes the group EVANESCENCE, so this is my “thank you” for introducing me to SHINEDOWN.

Enjoy this edition of Monday Night Music!

SHINEDOWN – Second Chance




SHINEDOWN – Breaking Inside



SHINEDOWN – If You Only Knew



EVANESCENCE – Bring Me to Life

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do these songs hit home for you Deb?

Anonymous said...

I am not too crazy about Evanescence, too emo for me. But I can get into Shinedown.

A_Watcher_1 said...

Debbie, I agree with one of the comments. This music is too emo and whiny. It is not you at all. You are the upbeat type. Stick to rock and roll!

Anonymous said...

Debbie
these songs from shinedown and evanescence deliver a message like probably every song but these one have a strong message i think and probably hard message !
the first one second chance is a message for parents i believe and i understand i think the sense of the song and maybe the message you want to deliver about it ! it is important in life to take a second chance ! even if we take a wrong way, we have to take a new chance ! There are a lot of messages in these songs which can be very dark if we have a simple reading of it ! but i believe that if you read and listen these songs differently there is a call a call for living ! even in the dark there can be a light, you have just to find it ! and in the dark you are not alone and there is always someone who is here with you holding your hand, protecting you even if you don't see this person ! whatever happened in the past and however big is the wall, there is a good very good reason to live a very very good reason to live because you have to deliver a message a message for others ! and above life is here we have this chance to breathe we have this chance to live we have this chance to be happy to enjoy the life to see the life, to see our kids growing so these are good resons to live even if life can be hard , she merits to be lived !
that's what i would say to this person who is delivering this message with these songs
A hand is holding you for life and is protecting you !
hehehe
byee
jerry