Sunday, November 15, 2009

Old bikes : a treasure !

Hello my friends !

Today morning, I rode under the rain and against the wind ! It was nice, very nice ! about 50 miles here in France along green roads with lots of forets !

That gave me an idea ! Let you see and discover some pics of very specific bikes ! especially old bikes ! Please enjoy it and let me what you think.
Bikes were not only used to ride for fun but some of them were used to carry things for example.

For example, that allowed to carry some things in a box ! interesting for example to carry your computer ! lol


Or to carry a "chariot" when you go to the supermarket ! you can put your bottles of water for example


A very good way to carry some bottles of wine ! very interesting to get some french wine like Bordeaux or Medoc or Bourgogne ! Debbie I am sure that you will buy this bike (hehehe)



This bike is very interesting, especially if you want to carry some wood materials or metals or maybe some other big goods !



Oh ! a very special one ! if you have a problem with your tyre, don't hesitate to call me ! I have a solution ! this new bike is for you ! in fact , you call me and i will deliver you a new tyre with my bike, very "particular" ! No need to have a mercedes ! hehehe


I have too a solution for people who travel a lot ! especially for business women or men ! you can take very easily this bike with you ! very easy !



And now the last models I have just bought ! hehehe ! models for men and women !
tell me the one you are interested in !





And now some very specific models for friends or lovers ! Depends what you are looking for !
Very funny !

So if you need a bike, you just have to call me and ask ! Have just a look to my garden ! I have a big choice (lol)

So my friends, just enjoy riding a bike ! that is so nice , a very good way to discover our roads differently and also nature, forests, animals, to listen the birds, to listen to the silence !
In resume to respect the environment and to respect it
Have a nice day and have fun
Your french reporter
Arc

4 comments:

Debbie Bulloch said...

Nice article ARC. I like all the bikes in your backyard. What are you, a collector of old bikes?

Nice picture of the Peugeot bike. That picture brought back special memories.

Thanks for the article.

BTW, that was post #250. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie! nice pics...My bike is in there too :-) Well not the exact same but still. you do realise that most of those bikes/pictures are Dutch do you?

Templar

Debbie Bulloch said...

Hello Templar, comment vas-tu? I would love to take credit for this article and for the pictures. The article, however, was written by Between Homes contributor, M. Arcabulle Odriscoll.

Yep, most of the bikes are "Dutch" bikes. Not necessarily builth in The Netherlands, but definitely "Dutch-style." Those are very nice commuter bikes, full fenders, cushy seats, attachments for saddle bags. I really like those bikes, I may buy one and use it to go shopping. Oh wait, I buy so much I need a truck when I go shopping. LOL

BTW, thanks for reading the blog and thanks for the comments. :-)

Anonymous said...

hi hi hi

thank you for your comments ! that's very nice ! i just saw them today ! i am very happy that you like those bikes ! very dutch probably and also so french ! lol ! old french bikes ! if you are interested i can organize a party in my garden and that will allow you to discover my frenchie and crazy collection ! lol hahahaha

see you
hehe
jerry