Saturday, March 28, 2009

SUNDAY MORNING PHOTO GALLERY

By Debbie Bulloch



KODACHROME
By Paul Simon


When I think back
On all the crap I learned in high school
It's a wonder
I can think at all
And though my lack of edu---cation
Hasn't hurt me none
I can read the writing on the wall

Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, Oh yeah
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama don't take my Kodachrome away

If you took all the girls I knew
When I was single
And brought them all together for one night
I know they'd never match
my sweet imagination
everything looks WORSE in black and white

Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, Oh yeah
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama don't take my Kodachrome away

Mama don't take my Kodachrome away
Mama don't take my Kodachrome away
Mama don't take my Kodachrome away


Earlier this afternoon I was listening to the radio when this old Paul Simon song came on. The lyrics to the song reminded me of how even though we place a great value on a formal education, sometimes a school-education is not enough to make a person smart, "And though my lack of edu---cation/Hasn't hurt me none/I can read the writing on the wall."

The song also reminded me of how much I love to take photogrpahs, "I got a Nikon camera/I love to take a photograph/So mama don't take my Kodachrome away."

I have taken many photographs in SL, and especially around the grounds at Between Homes. Most of the time I take photographs of BH residents. I usually use the "save to hard disk" option, then use Photoshop Elements (I am too cheap to buy the high-end version of Photoshop) to edit the photos. After I edit the photograph in my computer, I download it back to SL. Linden Labs charges $10L per photo, which is not a bad deal (free would be an even better deal).

Today I will share with you (in no particular order) some of the photos that I have taken of BH residents. Hope you enjoy them. And if your photo does not appear here, don't worry; I plan to do a follow-up so sooner or later i will add your picture to my gallery.

BH Chief Builder and all-round fantastic friend - Yucca Gemini!



Gloeing Ember, Canada's finest and BH's generous Guardian Angel - a man very close to my heart. (Who is the readhead sitting on his lap?)



Tet is a big Dr. Who fan (you may have seen him pop in and out in his Tardis machine) and one of BH's original residents.



Matilda (Tilda) Little - I met her under unusual circumstances, but we have been close friends ever since.



Xanadu Dominquez, another long-time friend - Xana is very dear and close to my heart.



Rogers Albatros, BH Security Guard and a complete gentleman.



Baby Tess on her trike playing in the snow. Notice the two Newfies, Sherlock and Holmes, standin guard over Tess.



SanPaul Held a long-time RL friend and knight in shining armor type of guy.



Rachel Brimm, another long-time BH resident and fellow VKC dog owner.



Monsieur Arcabulle Odriscoll, aka "Jerry Lewis." A frequent contributor to the BH blog.



Finally, BH's spiritual guide and Jedi Knight trainer - Yoda!



Look for more Photo Galleries, featuring more of your fellow BH residents. If you see me lurking around with my trusty Canon (unlike Paul Simon, I've never owned a Nikon) relax, smile - you're on candid camera.

Now enjoy Paul Simon's KODACHROME

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics Debs :-)
You dont have any of me do you?
....hmmm

xxx
Templar

;-)

Anonymous said...

deb
these pics are very nice ! pics are the way to keep memories of people of friends, and even of family ! deb i can see that you have a lot of friends, very good friends and am very happy for you ! there are indeed very nice people at BH !
deb i am not a great ccontributor of the blog ! you exagerate !
see you soon
arc

Anonymous said...

oh i forgot to tell that pics are essential and movies too ! i always think that i should take more pics and movies of my childrens !
i always feel that when they will be older, they will appreciate to see how they were when they were younger ! i think that it is important to have these moments ! for example, during this last week end we went to ski and i took a movie of my childrens skiing and doing "luge" as we say in french
this is a message for you ! keep pics and movies and these moments of happiness ! it is so nice and important ! byeeeeee
arc