Wednesday, May 6, 2009

IN MEMORIAM

Today Teri's (TT) uncle passed away. He fought a brave fight; he valiantly raged against the dying of the light.

I was touched by TT's account of the love between her uncle and aunt. We should all be so fortunate to find someone, like her uncle and aunt, to love and to be loved by.

To Teri, to her aunt, and to the rest of the family, our deepest condolences.

IF I SHOULD DIE
By Emily Dickinson


If I should die,
And you should live,
And time should gurgle on,
And morn should beam,
And noon should burn,
As it has usual done;
If birds should build as early,
And bees as bustling go, --
One might depart at option
From enterprise below!
'T is sweet to know that stocks will stand
When we with daisies lie,
That commerce will continue,
And trades as briskly fly.
It makes the parting tranquil
And keeps the soul serene,
That gentlemen so sprightly
Conduct the pleasing scene!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie thank yoou so much for your post !

TT your uncle was a wonderful man and love guided his life ! the love they had with your aunt was very nice and very important ! it was their light ! and this love will stay in them forever !
TT as Debbie said we present to you and all your family our deep condolences !
TT I think of you and them ! I am here !
I send you a lot of kisses and many many kisses ! and to you too Debbie
byeeeeeeeee arc

TT said...

Thank you Deb and Arc. so much.
I talked to my aunt today. She cried and told me of the last minutes of his life 5:30am. The day before my other aunt said that he and my aunt held hands and he would kiss her hand all day. He knew.....

They loved each other!

Thank you for the support.
From the heart,
TT