Tuesday, June 30, 2009

TUESDAY AFTERNOON WITH THE MOODY BLUES

By Debbie Bulloch



My Dad loved listening to the Moody Blues. I can still remember him playing his Moody Blues albums until the turntable’s needle (according to my Dad it was a turntable and not a record player – LOL) almost wore through the record’s grooves. Among the many things that he taught me, my Dad taught me to love the gentle, almost magical, evocative lyrics and the sweet voices, of the Moody Blues.










Please join me in a sweet trip back in time, when the world was newer and love was all we knew.

Tuesday Afternoon…




Nights in White Satin….



The Story in Your Eyes…



Question

(Note: The lyrics below are perhaps the most personally meaningful lyrics of any song I know; they come about halfway through the song. We are all searching for someone to change our lives. One day, all of us will find that love that we all “once knew.” Peace!)

Im looking for someone to change my life.
Im looking for a miracle in my life.
And if you could see what its done to me
To lose the the love I knew
Could safely lead me through.

Between the silence of the mountains
And the crashing of the sea
There lies a land I once lived in
And she’s waiting there for me.

But in the grey of the morning
My mind becomes confused
Between the dead and the sleeping
And the road that I must choose.




In your Wildest Dreams…



Thank you for joining me on this little trip with the Moody Blues.

1 comment:

TT said...

Deb as always, your research is wonderful! These songs represent the time period, of the changing in our world, We became softer, blending of lives, music and the meaning of life. Songs are great to express our means of life, our dreams and our hopes. Hmm, I guess we are always finding ways to express ourselves.
TT